Monday, December 10, 2007

Meezer Monday- Tusselling Lesson #1

Greetings! I Pollux have decided since Castor and I are expert tussellers, we will impart some of our knowledge on our fellow feline bloggers. How are we experts? What are our qualifications you might ask? Well, we've been sparring partners since our Mommycat Stella concieved us, and we spend literally every waking moment trying to get the upper paw on each other. So I'd say that qualifies us as experts! So, while tusselling the other day, I noticed, that Castor kept getting the upper paw on me. Not hot! So, I decided Lesson #1 is to seek higher ground!As you can see in this photo, I DO NOT have a good position, although I can still push Castor away with my paw. I'm WAY lankier!
Here, I have sought higher ground.... It's only a box though, and moments later, Castor pounced and knocked me off the box. You see, though I am lankier, he's stockier. He's always pouncing me and throwing his weight around!
Castor: It helps to intimidate your opponent by looking bigger too. As you can see, my tail is totally fluffed out, so Pollux know's I'm bigger and way badder than him!

Pollux: OK, you've got me on the bigger part, but I tend to be more of an explorer. Here, I have sought higher ground. I am ON TOP of the tall shelves in mommy's office! I'm seeking out my unsuspecting prey beneath me!
One must be careful, however, to avoid distractions! I have never been on top of the shelves before, and I found this nifty deer skull with HUGE antlers! I simply had to investigate this new find for a minute!

OK, snooping over. I have my prey clearly in my sights now... I have the Upper Paw! Now, stay tuned for next lesson- how to pounce from five feet in the air... To be completely honest, I have to work on that lesson myself... I never completed this pounce. It was simply too high!












16 comments:

The Meezers said...

you know, for kits so young, you is furry werldy in the arts of tussling. great lessons

topcatrules said...

What gorgeous kittens! I'm a kitten too! from Pyewacket

topcatrules said...

We just read your whole blog and loved it! We're just going to put you on our blogroll, oh and on Tigger's too, she lives with us as well. We are Trixie and Pyewacket and Tigger the FBI Cat.

Hot(M)BC said...

Great job you guys. You've got it going on!
Purrrrrrs,
your bud Pepi

Tybalt said...

Great job on the lesson! I can't wait to see what you teach us next. I tussle with my sisters all the time, but a mancat can never get enough advice on how to get the upper paw.

Captain Jack and Dante said...

Oh great lesson, thank you for teaching us!

Daisy said...

Yep, that cat who is highest always has the upper paw. That was a good lesson. But you better be very careful around those vishus deer horns!

Mickey said...

Strategy is very important in the fight. I can't wait to see the pounce!!! This is most interesting.
Purrs MIckey

Cheysuli and gemini said...

You are excellent tusslers for such young cats. Meezers do tend to be good at it.

DaisyMae Maus said...

Those are excellent tips. I'm a small, but stocky girlie with short legs, so pouncing the Feline Americans is kinda fruitless. I tend to roll onto my back, extend all four sets of claws, an' hiss mightily. Sometimes that works.

DMM

Caesar and Princess said...

You tail is totally puffy, Castor!

We used to be crazy up high all the time and jump from 12 feet... but we are rex cats and we love gymnastics. Nothing was impossible.

*sigh* but that was then...

Happy day kittenboys

The Crew said...

Oh, you'd better be careful of those big things. They look dangerous!

Pet's are 4 Life said...

Wow, you really are expert tusslers! I shall use this lessons to my advantage wif my fabily!

Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

Oh you little darlings are growing so quickly! Thanks for the lesson. We look forward to part 2.

The Furry Fighter said...

i haven't visited for a week or so and you already seem bigger! wow - cute a buttons though xxx

Starbuck and Torrey said...

You are two beautiful kittens! I loved your blog so much I read it from the beginning! It sounds like you are having fun in your new Forever Home!

I saw my first Siamese cat at a cat show last weekend and it was stunning! Just like you two boys!

Anyway, nice to meet you! I've bookmarked your blog and will visit again!